I thought, how boring for them. No wonder kids play video games all the time and are fatties...they don't have real stuff to do.
We create real stuff to do. Jeremy is going to show me how green his thumb is this summer. We plotted out a piece of ground in our community garden and by the next afternoon Jeremy had already done the research for what crops we'll grow and what techniques should work for our red land. Here is our plot of raised beds Jeremy built.
I am not much with fish or plants, but I can weed like no other...I just can't wait until it is warm enough so that I can get a hanging basket for my patio- I love those!
From the moment I wake up to the moment I give up at night...I am crazy busy.My number one priority right now is fitness. Jeremy & I are on the P90X fitness program & healthy eatting plan. I really have loved it. I lost 9 pounds the first month and the 2nd I maintained, but I blame a week of Spring Break, Easter & Ex Ed for that. I did continue my workouts, but i was so horrible at eatting well. Luckily I didn't gain it all back.
So, here's my schedule from dawn to dusk:
5:30 wake, 60 minutes of Cardio
6:30 shower
7:00 go to school
7:15-3:45 work, ugh
Monday, Wednesday's & Friday's (rain or shine) I opt to bike ride the 13 miles home to my house/45 minutes. I take the Rio Grande Trail which is gravel until my house- therefore I ride my cross bike or my mountain bike so that the tires grip well. My cross bike has a stiff suspension and hurts my butt over any bump. My mountain is just too expensive to risk taking to school- but I may consider it due to the comfortable suspension it has.
.jpg)
Then we get home and P90X our weight workout. I am up to 8 & 10# weights and can see my strength. I am hoping that I start to show some solid toning this month. My arms are looking good and my stomach is flatter.
Tuesday & Thursday, Saturday & Sunday (weather permitting) we run. We are up to 6-8 miles and now know that the end of our road is exactly 5 miles from our house so if we go there and back it will be a full 10. Working up to a half marathon by the end of the summer.
Saturday & Sunday I do Kickboxing & Yoga
Nightly we then make dinner which we have started planning out a week in advance. We haven't gone grocery shopping in 2 weeks and are trying to eat all the food we already own before going. We have got shopping down to a science to eliminate our time and money as well as cravings.
Healthy Eatting isn't that bad :)
- We shop at Costco, which totally rocks!
- We purchase large quantities of poultry and frozen veggies and a few other items that are bulk and will hold for a while.
- Mom & Dad gave us a freezer with a side of beef and that really helped too.
- We have a standard 2 week supply of fresh veggies, fruits, milk & eggs.
- We plan our meals a week ahead of time, thaw appropriate foods
- Pack lunches a day in advance
Breakfast
- Egg Scram or Yogurt with GoLean Cereal
Lunch
- Spinach salad with strawberries, red onion, crushed pecans, 1 oz blue cheese & vinegrette
- Bannana, Orange, Apple
Snack
Yogurt
Dinner:
Beef, Pork, Salmon, Shrimp, Scallops
Side of Veggie, My favorite is Asparagus!!!!!
Starch, Rice
Dessert: Fruit Cup
No comments:
Post a Comment