skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Stockshow 2010
Well, I have to admit, I am floored with the rate of turn around my family provided. I have to say I was a little thrown back when I realized that they hadn't even begun to break the cattle for show until Christmas break...that is very late! But everything came together very well, if not quickly. So it was almost 4 weeks straight of baths, clipping, walking and blowing, that's the kind of stuff that really helps move the process along. My dad's normal guy decided not to fly out to Denver anymore (he was a friend from Ohio) so dad found some new help and I must say- some pretty darn good help at that.His name is R. Morgan of Nebraska, a young kid who just graduated college. Apprently back in my hay day of winning hereford steers across the state of Wisconsin & Illinois (1995-1997) we had bought a couple of our winners from their farm. He was an amazing asset! a great teacher and a hard worker- fun to be around. The animals couldn't have looked better!At that, we won 2nd in our pen of heifers and 1st with our Spring bull pen which took us to Reserve division as well as almost Reserve overall (1/3 judges voted for us) in a pretty good looking set of herefords! It was a fun week. Jeremy took off of work for the week to help my dad and learned a lot! especially from R. M. He is excited about getting a few of his own :)Of course, he missed Thursday (pen show day) because his boss was in town and that is not a good day to take vacation {they had a productive 3 hour lunch meeting, discussing his future options within the company}. That's why I don't have any pictures on my camera of him. But I'm sure someone does and once they become available, I will post them...





My uncle Gregg flew in from Wisconsin, Me, My dadda and my uncle Jerry

This is the FIRST picture we have of EVERYONE in my family in it at a cattle show in a VERY VERY long time....well, I guess except for the husbands...otherwise we could've used it as our 2010 Christmas card :)
My dad looks good in his cowboy hat....
It was a very fun day...winning always helps, but even more so, that it is our family hobby and life is better spent together. I hope someday we can raise our kids this way, what a life it has been!
No comments:
Post a Comment