Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jimmy, Subaru & King Ranch Ford- oh my!

This summer while I was in France, Jeremy got a little itch to be, well, cheaper.

I praise him on this, he is very good with money. He has had nice things because of it. I typically tell people he is so tight with his money, that he squeaks when he walks. That along with the Jeremy gets lost so easily, he would get lost in a paper bag- much funnier in person.
So in early June Jeremy took his Nissan Titan of 3 years down to the dealership and traded it in on a Subaru WRX. There are many things right and wrong with this situation.

Right- Jeremy was trying to save money as he separates from the military to get married and change careers.
Wrong- There is something about Subaru owners that drives me nuts, they are usually very weird people.


Ok, so he loved his little zip zip car, that is until a truck pulled up along side at a stop light. Then he would mumble under his breath- "this is only temporary, I will have a truck again someday".


Someday came a whole lot earlier than expected. This last week he'd have enough of listening to the special truck deals on the radio and went down to the Ford dealership and took home a new Ford 150 King Ranch truck. At first I was hesitant that it was a good idea, then I saw the deal and couldn't believe it either....

then to sweeten the deal. Jeremy gave me his 5 month old Subaru WRX. Again, I was hesitant. I mean, I really really don't like Subaru owners. Jeremy pressured me to trading in my Jimmy earlier this year for a Subaru but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Subaru's are affordable and very nice cars, but me in one- I'll keep the Jimmy thank you very much.

My tune is changing however...I picked up my new car this weekend from Colorado Springs and I just LOVE it!!! I mean, there aren't very many cars faster than the WRX that are not luxaury. It is AWD, nice interior, shiney & new exterior and a LOT of pick up and go. It has a nice smooth ride and I averaged 28.1 MPG through the mountain trek home. The stick is super fun and I'm ok with a new car- especially one I don't even have to pay for thanks to my sugar daddy.

So, what to do with Jimmy? Well, Jimmy gets a new owner as well. My college sister Katie's Jeep just turned over 200k miles and its time to have something a bit more reliable. Jimmy is as reliable as they come. I mean, he has been my longest relationship to this point with 8 years together and 150k miles, we make quite the team. I just bought him some super sweet tires that will last another 80k and so will he. I think he will like retirement: A garage when he's home, much milder weather, a lighter foot on the pedal. He'll do Kate well!
So, new cars all around this holiday!

Stephanie got to drive it before me even...

No comments: