Some days, I take that back MOST days I think to myself- I cannot believe I live here, I cannot believe they PAY me to do a job I love, I cannot believe the weather and the beauty of this place and then there are other days...
This place, where I live is unlike ANY other place in the world. It is a small rural mountain town yet as metropolitan as an big urban place. I can walk to school, work, the grocery store or pub or get on the public transportation system and get home safely after a night out on the town. But there is also EVERY expensive label store available to rich women to lavish themselves with.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy fine quality things but I also REFUSE to buy a hand bag with DG (Dolci & Gabana), (LV) Louis Vitton, Prada, Burberry or Coach labels all over it. I'm perfectly happy with my $3 TJ Maxx purse that I've had for years and I especially LOVE the western leather and cow hide purse Philip gave to me from his Montana Silversmith collection a few years ago that will never go out of style in my mind. ok, so let me back track a bit- I do love the soft comfortable feel of the very fine 7 for all mankind jeans and the most I've ever paid for one of these comforts that make my butt look "FABULOUS" is $135 which is ok with me since jeans never wear out.
On the weekends I can go all weekend in my long johns and ski pants without even running a comb through my hair. Of course I still shower and put deoderant on and brush my teeth but I can really let loose. I can wake up and enjoy the views of Mt. Sopris or Highlands from my windows with a tall (not venti, but tall) mug of hot chocolate while in my jammies. I can choose to grab my board or skis and hit the mountains for an 8 hour day of play or I can just chill out with a movie and some chili, or my new french favorite "Tartiflette"with friends and hot spiced wine.
Some days, I can't believe that life's journey has brought me here and I am so insanely happy. For a long time I was very jealous of others in my circle, probably most of you who are reading this now actually. I was so jealous that you had your lives together. I get that the grass is always greener in someone else's pasture and we all realize our lives are our own but I could not understand what I was doing wrong to lead me so stray from my dreams and goals. Sure I made some poor decisions and have since learned from them and hopefully am able to move past them with a better sense of intelligence in similar situations. But I had a college education, amazing group of friends, a great job, travels and adventures and a steady guy in my life who was a positive influence in my life.
One day all those things sort of crashed and I was flailing for new ground. Years have past and I have found a great new footing and new directions and great things have really pulled together for me and I realize that my journey has been amazing in its own right, and here I am.
Here in this crazy little town, with a great job especially in these economic times. I have a roof over my head which is sturdy and that same supportive man in my life who is a positive influence on me and my world and we are building our future together one small brick at a time.
Some days, I think I will be here forever. They will scatter my ashes over the peak of Snowmass mountain where I love to ski on the weekends or fantastic powder days. Other days I wonder when this fantastic voyage will be over and the next journey awaits. Will I be here for 30 years? Will we move on...maybe Carolina, Germany, France, Italy, or just the midwest.... but for now I realize that every moment is another moment in the sun.
I have been so blessed with the love of my family, friends and who could ask for more?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment