Monday, January 26, 2009

New Feet, Renewed Love of Skiing

My roommate, Matt, is such a gearhead! He makes me want gear, but luckily, he loves my gear- which is good because I spent some good money on it.

Anyways, after long conversations regarding my ski boots, we resolved to return my Sure Foot custom insole and have him make me a custom insole.

So here's the before & after picture and the process.
Red is After, Yellow is before, ie. stock footbed
Here's Matt creating my new custom made insole. I spent 1 hour & 45 minutes with him and I thank him for being so patient as I took pictures :)
My feet....

Hot Corkboard to imprint my foot into...


Baggie to suction my foot into the hot corkboard...


alien foot...

The corkboard and baggie molding my foot...


and so I hit the slopes....1 top to bottom exhausting, powder filled run later and it was awesome!!!
My feet have never felt better, my legs were a bit tired but worth the money!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

very cool! uh oh! you have a red headed roommate??? Maybe I shouldn't visit...you know how they love me! :-p JK......................................sorta ;)