Well, I'm better now...if you didn't know I was not good but I am good now.
I wish my personality were more laid back, but it's not and thank you all for accepting me for who I am.
Whew, this semester back to school has really made me question my career choice as a teacher or at least here at this school. I like a little bit of structure and support and I'm not getting that here but I realized I can provide some of it myself and I had to reign in the control a little bit.
This week I am taking it day-by-day and things seem to be better, but then again it is only Tuesday at 7:11 am.
I asked my students to write letters to me about how the semester is going and how they feel about what they have been learning and I have to say- it surprised me. The kids are very honest, they don't care about hurting your feelings and will tell you what they think- which in this case was exactly what I needed to hear. The feedback was so positive and supportive and I have been reassured at why I do this every day. It's not for my boss or my school or even myself- it is for the kids.
So I talleyed all the hours I spend on all the activities I do and I am insane! I have taken a job, like many of my peers in the Business education field or the Ag Field that has a lot of balls to juggle, flames to jump and pots a boiling. It fits me and my personality.
But on top of my regular job which is 3x harder than any of the "core" teachers (english, math, history, etc) I have added Student Sentate, Student Exchange, Sister Cities, Class Sponsor oh and this week I have lunch duty am making signs for the annual Ski Day (March 4) and have a Sister Cities meeting and a half day Ex Ed meeting with my group on Thursday.
Thank goodness for the RETURN OF BALANCE! Last night I attended my FIRST fitness class of the new year. So pathetic, but it kicked my butt. 2 1/2 hours of intense strength & cardio fitness and my mental state is functioning once again. I am so much better....at least in my opinion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment